Thursday 3 May 2007

A Bit of 90s Nostalgia



Well I'm back in blog land, it seems like ages since my last entry. I thought I had better pop by and leave an update, particularly as I have been tagged, but more of that later. So back to my post title of '90s nostaligia'. This is in honour of a gig I went to last Thursday, the fabulous Ocean Colour Scene.




The gig was a mixture of new stuff (album out this week) and quite of bit of their back catalogue which brought back a lot of memories from the 90s. Just the opening bars of the Riverboat Song transported me back to Friday nights getting ready to go out whilst watching TFI Friday. A brilliant way to spend a Thursday - the band were on top form.

Saturday was another day of musical entertainment - this time a spot of musical theatre in Manchester at 'The Producers'. It was a mother's day treat for my mum from me and my sister. Yes Mother's Day was a while ago but this was the earliest we could get decent tickets for the Saturday matinee. We had a lovely day. A nice lunch in a pub on Deansgate - fish and mushy pea butty and chips, yum (yes it was on the menu as a fish and mushy pea sandwich, it wasn't my own creation). Then we wandered through the very sunny City centre to the lovely Palace Theatre.

The show was absolutely brilliant. I'd never seen The Producers and only knew the vague of outline of the story, but what a treat it turned out to be. I laughed from start to finish and found myself humming 'Springtime for Hitler' for the rest of the day.

I have also managed to squeeze in a bit of crafting and done a couple of cards (which is a classed as a high level of productivity for me), but I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet so they will have to wait for my next post.

My crafting has been limited as I have been out enjoying the lovely weather, including tonight when I managed to get out on my bike for the first time this year. I had a lovey ride down the canal, I just wish I had taken my camera as the early evening sunshine was lovely.

Anyway, back to the start of this post and being tagged. I have been tagged by a few people, but Andrea (Frog) got in there first:

You have to list seven fact/habits about yourself then tag another 7 people, so here's my 7 facts:

1) I hate coconut, the thought of eating a Bounty makes me gag, yet strangely I love Malibu -don't know what that says about me ;-)
2) I passed my driving test at the first attempt
3)My first love was Andrew Ridgeley from Wham! I think it can be classed as unrequieted
4)My dream job is a florist but the early mornings would not be good for me
5) I love roller coasters - my favourite is The Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
6) My first pet was a budgie called Dougal (named after the Magic Roundabout dog)
7) I hate whistling, it drives me mad

So there you are my 7 facts. Most people have now been tagged, but if you read this and haven't, you have now so feel free to add 7 facts to your blog.

Cheers

Ruthie x

No comments: