Saturday 2 February 2008

Red, White and bending the rules....

....or not reading the dare properly!

I'm feeling a bit partied out today as I was at a charity ball last night and may have had a few drinks (as the photo of our table could suggest.) As part of my recovery I have spent this afternoon in my craft room doing this week's DCM dare:

We want you to design a card using only RED AND WHITE on your cards- it doesn't have to be a Valentine themed card - it can be any theme- as long as use incorporate RED and WHITE on it. So there you go !

So I set about doing the card, but had not read the word ONLY and came up with this which also incorporates black (oops).



I designed the background paper myself using Designfruit photoshop brushes and added ribbons and brad from stash, bloom from Creative Treasurers, flower shaped paperclip from Paperchase, mini flower punch, Cuttlebug circle stamp die, inking and pen stitching.

I found this dare much easier than last week's. In my delicate state I don't think I could have coped with a tough dare :)

Cheers,

Ruthie

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is so fantastic card. Love the creation. Awesome.

Gina said...

Wow, such a stunning card, love the paper you designed and all the finishing touches ~ CONGRATS! :O)

Anne said...

Fabulous card! I love how you used the flower paperclip - I got myself some of those some time ago and still haven't used them...

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card love the stitching and lovely paper you've designed.

Anonymous said...

Its a gorgeous card! :)
Vanessa.