Friday 10 October 2008

A bit of catching up

As always I am late with stuff, but this time I have an excuse - well kind of! Last weeks Dare over on Daring Card Makers was to make a card featuring scallops:

I'm just loving all the new scallop punches that are out at the moment, circles, ovals, squares, edges etc, etc and then there's the corner rounder and slit punches that can be used to scallop edges as well.

Use your imagination, your scallop punches, your corner rounders, your cricuts and cuttlebugs to create any card to fit any style as long as it shows scallops.

Anyway, Thursday was Mr Craftybloggers birthday so I decided to tie his card in with the dare and I didn't really feel it was fair to post it until after his birthday (how's that for an excuse!). Here's the card complete with scalloped edges on the brown and lined paper, cut with very small scalloped scissors. I didn't opt for anything bigger as I thought I wouldn't be able to make it masculine enough.
The concert ticket was made from here: http://www.says-it.com/concertticket/

Patterned paper is Basic Grey and ribbon is papermania. The screw head brads are from Crafts By Carolyn

Now for my catch-ups from the newly revamped Her Space - My Space - His Space (Check out their new site). Previously Her Space - My Space they have had a bit of a makeover and are now embracing equal opps as the Boy Blogger is on the staff ;)

The first prompt is Sign:

Now onto Look. Struggled with this so opted for an easy one and followed Boy Bloggers lead. l try harder next time I promise! (I think I may have even used this shot before :( )
It is of course the statue of the late Eric Morecambe in Morecambe.

Today's prompt is for a pet portrait so I'm off to find someone's pet to photograph as Crafty Blogger HQ is petless.

Cheers

Ruthie x

1 comment:

Hazel said...

How cool is that card with the concert ticket - terrific idea (I've saved to my favs). Great catch up for HS (must do mine!)