Sunday 23 November 2008

More Adventures in Felt

Having got the Boss Kuts die a mentioned earlier in the week, I was determined to make some felt Christmas Robins with it. I struggled at first to get the die to cut felt, although I had it on good authority from the girls over on Crafts By Carolyn's forum that it does work. So I messed about with some scraps and realised the felt I had tried originally was not nice soft stuff, it was cheapo kids stuff which is much stiffer. I stocked up on some nicer stuff yesterday so I was able to get the die to work.

I decided to combine my felt robin idea with this week's DCM Dare, set by Vanessa:

Cafe Chic!
Good morning everyone, my name is Vanessa, aka Ellepiggo, I've been cardmaking for several years now and I'm delighted to be part of the Daring Cardmakers team. This is my first time at setting the dare and as we're on "firsts" I thought about the first thing that springs to my mind every morning - Coffee!! LOL!

Yes, I'm a bit of a cappuccino/latte macchiato girl, so I want to see lots of cards inspired by coffee!! Coffee colours, cup shaped cards, card inspired by a coffee jar label, using coffee beans on your card, coffee shop logos on your cards etc etc.....
I always have loads of the corrugated cup holders that you get with takeaway coffee stashed away to use on cards and decided one would make a nice border against my robin topper. So here's my (very loose) take on Coffee:



I also realised I hadn't blogged my felt tree card toppers which I made ages ago, so here they are. Although they still have to find their way on to cards!








Sorry about the poor photos again today - the light was really against me, even in the middle of the day.

Cheers

Ruthie x

8 comments:

maddy hill said...

fabby felty cards ruthie ! i love them ! your whole blog has some gorgeous felt cards ! No wonder carolyn asked you to be on the main site - well done !

Dollydimps said...

LOVE the robin card! (and the others too but you know why I'm referring to the robin ;))
They look great Ruth x

Kathy said...

Fab idea for the cafe chic dare!

I love your felt tree cards

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use the coffee holders!!! Fab card and thanks for taking part. :)

Vanessa.

Anonymous said...

I love them.

And the Robbin OHHHHHH ! fabulous

Anonymous said...

LOVE al the felt beautiful robin and the toppers are great

Ellen said...

such cute cards , love the felted images.
great take on the coffee dare.

SueH said...

Cute card Ruthie.
What an inspired bit of recycling, using the coffee cup holder and a backing for your little felt Robin.