Tuesday 27 January 2009

And Hear Old Triton Blow His Wreathed Horn

How's that for a post title!

It's a link to today's prompt on HerSpace:MySpace:HisSpace photo challenge blog to find 'Carve' in your space.

My 'carve' is the relief which is on the ceiling above the main staircase of the Midland Hotel in Morecambe. It was carved by the artist Eric Gill and bears the inscription I used in the post title.


It's not a particularly brilliant shot, but it fits the prompt. I am hoping to get some better ones when me and Mr Crafty Blogger go to the Midland for our wedding anniversary, If not before. I am feeling the need to get the sea air in my lungs, and a Brucianni's milky coffee in my tummy so a trip to Morecambe could be in order sooner rather than later.

Eric Gill carved a number of pieces for the Midland and you can read more about them HERE. I also used a photograph of one of the others for another HS:MS:HS prompt (see HERE).

Nothing much else to report here at Crafty Blogger HQ, although I have treated myself today to a new DAB radio and I-pod dock to go in my craft room. Since we moved house the one I got last Christmas has found a new home in the kitchen so I decided I needed a little one for upstairs. I will post a pic when I set it up in it's new home. (At the moment it's still in the kitchen where I tested it when I got home, but I can report it's currently doing a sterling job with a bit of Rick Astley!)

Cheers

Ruthie x

3 comments:

Igotmebabe said...

What a beautiful shot

Kerry said...

It is a fantastic shot.

Hazel said...

That's a great shot, Ruthie - just right for the prompt. x