Monday 9 November 2009

A bit of a departure.......to decoupage

Mr Crafty Blogger's God son is 7 this week so my card making skills have been tested.  A bit of a double whammy for me a male child card!  As you know I struggle with male cards;  but I also find children's cards challenging.

After spending ages looking through my stash for male and child friendly papers and embellishments I was begining to think that buying a card would be a favourable option.  However, last night I remembered watching the birthday boy playing on his DS and inspiration struck. I came up with this:




I was originally going to use the Mario picture as a flat embellishment but then I looked at it and thought it would work layered up in decoupage style.  (That idea also had the added bonus that I did not have to try and match suitable papers and embellishments to match the picture.)

Ingredients: Mario image from here; assorted coloured card from stash;  Cuttlebug (number), Sizzix (star) and Quickutz (alphabet dies); lots of foam pads!

Sorry for the poor photos, I had to take them under a daylight lamp.

Cheers,

Ruthie x

2 comments:

Rusticdiva said...

Well done...just goes to show how clever you can be when push comes to shove...I bet your son loves it!

Jo said...

this is fab - so clever to decoupage the image - my 7 year old would love it :D