Friday 5 March 2010

Vintage Style Card

I saw a fab tutorial for making paper roses on Monica Gayle's blog and just had to have at making some, even though I had no idea what I was going to use them on!  After they had been kicking round on my desk for a few days inspiration finally struck and I came up with this:

Ingredients:  Vintage image from here, Daisy D's papers, brown parcel paper, Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle dies, faux chipboard mat/frame*, Quickutz leaf die, paper roses made with Cuttlebug dies (Monica's tutorial here), twill tape and pin from my local market.

* The chipboard mat/frame was made by cutting a piece of scrap cardboard with a Nellie Snellen die which was then painted with acrylic and distressed using an emery board.

Following on from the Easter chick sweetie bags on my last post, I couldn't resist having a go at the bunny tails bags which Craft Fairy featured on her blog.  Here's my take on them:

The bunnies are made from a Quickutz die matted on Nestabilities circles.

Toffee bon bons always go down well in the office so hopefully my colleagues will like them.

Thanks for looking,

Ruthie x

No comments: