Friday 3 April 2009

'99' Cupcake Adventures

I've recently become obsessed with the idea of baking cupcakes in ice cream cones and I decided that as I had an afternoon off work I would have a go at making some. So here's the story of my '99' cupcake adventure.


First, take some ice cream cones and fill with fairy cake mixture (recipe courtesy of the goddess of all things domestic, Nigella, with added cocoa for a nice choccy flavour):



Next, make note to self to make mixture a bit runnier next time so it goes in the cones easier, and then bake.




Once cooked, remove from the oven and convince self that they will look nice once the top is covered by buttercream:Mix buttercream and pipe onto the cones in true 'Mr Whippy' style, and finish with a '99' flake. Sit back and admire your handy work for, ooh, at least 30 seconds before tasting:


Finally, savour the flavour whilst wondering how long it will take to come down off the sugar rush!

Cheers,

Ruthie x

3 comments:

Saskia said...

I love cupcakes, in every way!!!

Great blog, great creations!!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Creative Treasures said...

Wow how fantastic are they!, i will definately be trying these, i just love cupcakes :)

Tracy
x

Naomi (Sugar Brown) said...

I wouldn't have thought of doing that. I will definately give it a go. They look real good.