Sunday 12 April 2009

The Snowball Topper

Well we made the most of the unusual bank-holiday sunshine yesterday and headed out to Morecambe for some sea air. The weather was lovely so we had a walk along the prom and one of the famous 'Snowball Toppers' courtesy of Kate at Sunset Ices and her lovely Bedford CF ice cream van.
I first read about the snowball topper (a Tunnock's snowball added to ice cream) on the fantastic I Like blog and having recently overcome a fear of dessicated coconut I knew it was time to try one!

Here's mine shortly before I demolished it:

I can confirm that a Tunnock's Snowball does make an excellent addition to an ice cream!

It was nice to see Morecambe busy with people enjoying the sunshine. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

While we were there we took the opportunity to visit the Winter Gardens. The theatre closed in 1977 and is now maintained by a charitable trust whose long term goal is to reopen it for public use.

We had a walk round the foyer and the main part of the auditorium. Unfortunately you are not allowed to take photographs inside but trust me it is stunning. (There are some pics on the Winter Garden's website.) Mr Crafty Blogger and I have agreed we need to go back and take the full guided tour which is run to raise money towards the renovations.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Cheers,

Ruthie x

2 comments:

Bagladee said...

Sounds like a lovely day Ruth....I could just eat that ice cream it looks yummy!! xx

Aveen said...

OMG. I think the Tunnocks ice cream might actually be the meaning of life. I have to try one of those!