Wednesday 10 December 2008

Christmas is Coming....

... a bit too fast if you ask me!

I've hardly made any cards and still have loads of stuff to sort, but never mind.

I have however done some Christmas crafting. One of the girls at work had bought a little pre-decorated tree for her desk but she thought it was a little bare and needed a few extra bits adding so I offered to make her a fairy to go on the top. I remembered that a few weeks ago the fantastic Maddy posted a tutorial/challenge on the Crafts By Carolyn forum to make peg fairies and I decided one of these would make the perfect tree topper. So here she is, Julie the Peg Fairy: (She is named after her new owner).

I took her into the office this morning and she went down a storm.

I've also got another crafty christmas project to finish which will hopefully be on here by the weekend.

On the subject of Christmas crafting, my sister has recently taken up cake decorating and sugarcraft. She has decorated the most fantastic cake for us at Crafty Blogger HQ and I thought I would share a couple of pics:
Christmas Cake 2008

Christmas Cake 2008 (2)

It's not all Christmas crafting at Crafty Blogger HQ, a couple of birthday cards have also gone out recently.

The Christmas tree goes up this weekend too, so Christmas really is nearly here, better get cracking!

Cheers,
Ruthie x

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hi Ruthie
Enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your photography. The thing that strikes me though is your amazing cards. Now being a bloke, cards don't normally come onto my radar, but obviously at Christmas I do take a little notice: the cards you produce by hand make my shop bought jobbies so pathetic!
Keep blogging!
Ax